If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Maple syrup, apples, pecans, cheddar, all of these foods are indigenous to the Americas; I love knowing that as I munch along!
—LE BEC FIN
Maple dijon vinaigrette; Spiced Nuts
- 2 tablespoons shallots
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pommery mustard
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons grade B maple syrup
- pecans from http://food52.com/recipes/16718_spicy_maple_pecan_party_nuts
- In a food processor, add shallots through pepper. Drizzle in oil. Add half the maple syrup, taste and add rest if desired.
- 4 ounces butter lettuce, washed, dried
- 2 ounces extra sharp cheddar, cut into shards
- 1 apples, cut into slender wedges and ,if preparing in advance,squeeze with lemon juice to prevent browning.)
- 4-8 tablespoons dressing from above
- 3/4 cup spiced maple pecan party nuts ( http://food52.com/recipes/16718_spicy_maple_pecan_party_nuts )
- Wash and dry lettuce. Toss with apples and dressing. Arrange on plates and garnish with cheese and nuts.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Maple Recipe