Author Notes: Maple syrup, apples, pecans, cheddar, all of these foods are indigenous to the Americas; I love knowing that as I munch along!
- LE BEC FIN
Maple dijon vinaigrette; Spiced Nuts
- 2 tablespoons shallots
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pommery mustard
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons grade B maple syrup
- pecans from http://food52.com/recipes/16718_spicy_maple_pecan_party_nuts
- In a food processor, add shallots through pepper. Drizzle in oil. Add half the maple syrup, taste and add rest if desired.
- 4 ounces butter lettuce, washed, dried
- 2 ounces extra sharp cheddar, cut into shards
- 1 apples, cut into slender wedges and ,if preparing in advance,squeeze with lemon juice to prevent browning.)
- 4-8 tablespoons dressing from above
- 3/4 cups spiced maple pecan party nuts ( http://food52.com/recipes/16718_spicy_maple_pecan_party_nuts )
- Wash and dry lettuce. Toss with apples and dressing. Arrange on plates and garnish with cheese and nuts.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Maple Recipe