If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The sweet potato's flavor is really brought out well by the freshly ground pepper and sea salt. This recipe is very simple, yet allows you the option of choosing your own level of seasoning-if you're a big pepper fan, go nuts! Others can go a bit lighter. Anyway you 'spice' it, it's a great, crunchy sweet potato which can be combined with any meal (I simply chose beef, but fish, poultry, or salad would be great with this dish). - Mariya
- 1 sweet potato-cut into 1/8 inch thick rounds
- 1/4 cup cup olive oil
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- sea salt to taste
Tenderloin and Asparagus
- 1/2 pound beef tenderloin
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup shallot-minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 pound asparagus-ends trimmed
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Using freshly ground pepper season sweet potato rounds well; add sea salt and pan fry in olive oil until tender and golden brown.
- In the refrigerator, marinate tenderloin for at least 2 hours in olive oil, sherry vinegar, shallot, thyme, salt and pepper.
- In a hot pan, season and brown the marinated tenderloin (on both sides) in olive oil, along with 2T of the marinating liquid; once the tenderloin is nicely brown, finish the cooking process in a 375F oven (ideally cooked to medium).
- Remove the beef and deglaze your pan with sherry vinegar, reduce by half.
- Add chicken stock and reduce sauce to coating consistency; season and serve over tenderloin and asparagus (see below).
- Blanch asparagus in water until al dente (about 45 sec); remove immediately and season.
- To serve, overlap potato rounds on the bottom of the plate. Place asparagus parallel to potato rounds and spoon a bit of the pan sauce on top; cut tenderloin into medallions and place on top of the potatoes and asparagus; pour the rest of the pan sauce on top of tenderloin. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sweet Potato Recipe
Freeze It Right There
Meet your herby, stir-fry savior.
The stir-fry savior.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
You won't be board with this game.