If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 8 ounces whole wheat couscous
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup pistachios, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 2 cups arugula
- 3 sprigs thyme, destemmed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Shell pistachios and spread on a small sheet pan to toast for 5-7 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring salted water and a tablespoon or so of olive oil just to a boil. Follow package instructions for exact measurements. Stir in couscous; cover. Remove from heat; let stand for 5-7 minutes or until all of the water is absorbed. Set aside to cool. Fluff couscous lightly with a fork before combining with the rest of ingredients.
- While the couscous is cooking, saute the white onion in a generous tablespoon of olive oil for 7-10 minutes until translucent to slightly golden. Set aside to cool.
- Zest and juice one orange, juice lemon enough to yield 2 teaspoons, and crush garlic clove. Set aside.
- Finely slice green onions. Coarsely chop apricots and pistachios. Remove thyme leaves from stem by running your fingers from top to bottom of stem. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the couscous and the cooked onion with its' oil. Add the rest of the ingredients. Drizzle with olive oil. Salt and pepper, to taste. Serve at room temperature.
Move Over, Boozy Pops
We Prefer Our Pops All-In
We shall call them pop-tails.
We are in love—with this toast.