If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The Eugene Farmers' Market is full of vibrant jewels like carrots, radishes, beets, greens and baby garlic. I hated to waste the radish and carrot greens so I made pesto. It tastes just like spring. I smothered some cod with this and baked it at 400 for 15 minutes. Tomorrow I might mix in some mayo and sour cream for a variation on green goddess dressing or maybe I'll stir it into bow tie pasta and peas... - lesmcs
Makes 1.5-2 cups
- 1 bunch carrot greens
- 1 bunch radish greens
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 pinch red pepper flake
- 1/4 preserved lemon. Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon would be fine
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped and gently toasted. I think pine nuts or hazelnuts would be just as good.
- 1/2-1 cups olive oil, depending on desired texture
- salt to taste
- Put everything but olive oil in a food processor and pulse until combined. I had to add the greens in stages for lack of room.
- Slowly add the olive oil until desired consistency is reached. Add salt to taste. I needed very little because of the anchovy paste and preserved lemon.