If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 3 Sweet potatoes
- 4 Endive
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil
- 1 shallot
- handfuls parsley leaves
- 1-2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Wash sweet potatoes, prick with fork and bake wrapped in foil in 400 degree oven until done, but not mushy. Cool, peel and cut into thick rounds.
- Toast walnuts, cool and chop coarsely.
- Remove any damaged leaves from endive. Rinse remaining endive and separate leaves, set aside in bowl. Wash and dry parsley.
- Slice shallot into thin rounds. Slice bacon into 1/4" pieces.
- Heat saute pan over medium heat and add bacon pieces, cook for a few minutes to render fat then add walnut oil and increase heat and cook to crisp bacon, remove from pan and decrease heat and add shallots, cooking until softened. Add sherry vinegar then potatoes and toss to coat.
- Combine potatoes with endive and toss to combine. To serve, sprinkle with chopped walnuts, bacon and parsley.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sweet Potato Recipe
Go Greek (Yogurt)
The secret to lighter, tangier whipped cream
Yogurt whipped cream: your new go-to.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
Savor the season.
Churn with confidence.
A board to go nuts over.