Author Notes: This is an easy after work meal that is a great way to use up leftovers. Of course regular pizza dough would substitute well for the puff pastry. - leslie mcstravick
- 1 sheet of thawed puff pastry, rolled out to 3-4mm thick
- fig jam/preserves
- pesto of choice. I used leftover Springtime Pesto
- 2 medium balls of fresh mozzarella or 1 large ball
- parmigiano reggiano, grated
- 10-12 very thin slices of prosciutto
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Roll thawed puff pastry on a floured surface until it is a rectangle roughly 3-4mm thick. Place on top of parchment paper, silpat or foil and place on cookie sheet.
- Put a thin layer of fig jam on one half and a thin layer of pesto on the other half. The key is a thin layer. The jam is very sweet and the pesto has a lot of olive oil.
- Slice the mozzarella thinly and scatter over entire sheet. Sprinkle a thin layer of parmesan over the top. Lastly, add the proscuitto in heaps on top of everything.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or when the edges of the pastry turn golden brown.