If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an easy after work meal that is a great way to use up leftovers. Of course regular pizza dough would substitute well for the puff pastry. - lesmcs
- 1 sheet of thawed puff pastry, rolled out to 3-4mm thick
- fig jam/preserves
- pesto of choice. I used leftover Springtime Pesto
- 2 medium balls of fresh mozzarella or 1 large ball
- parmigiano reggiano, grated
- 10-12 very thin slices of prosciutto
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Roll thawed puff pastry on a floured surface until it is a rectangle roughly 3-4mm thick. Place on top of parchment paper, silpat or foil and place on cookie sheet.
- Put a thin layer of fig jam on one half and a thin layer of pesto on the other half. The key is a thin layer. The jam is very sweet and the pesto has a lot of olive oil.
- Slice the mozzarella thinly and scatter over entire sheet. Sprinkle a thin layer of parmesan over the top. Lastly, add the proscuitto in heaps on top of everything.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or when the edges of the pastry turn golden brown.
Egyptian Street Food at Home
Spend quality time with The Cairo Kitchen.
The Cairo Kitchen
Boost your Bagel
Fire up the grill.
Dipped Walnut Tongs
Portable picnic snacks.