If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was looking at the menu of Olivia here in Austin and one thing that caught my eye was oysters with frozen mignonette. I decided to try a green onion granita - the cold tangy oniony snow is a perfect compliment to the briny oysters. - La452
Serves a tray if onion ice for as many oysters as you care to shuck
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley leaves
- Put everything but the oysters in a blender and whiz. Pour the mixture into a flat dish - I used a small pyrex - and put it in the freezer. When it starts to freeze (after about 45 minutes or so) start scraping it with a fork. Scrape every half hour or so until you have a tangy green snow.
- Shuck your oysters. Top with snow. Eat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Scallions
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shellfish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Alliums
Drink Your Bouquet
April showers bring flowers to your cocktails.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Make your houseplants do double duty.