If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A Malaysian curry made with vegetables and coconut milk gravy full of flavor and amazing aroma. —PistachioDoughnut
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 2 Medium sized onions
- 2 to 3 Whole red chillies
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 2.5 teaspoons Ginger
- 1.5 teaspoons Cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons Coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Curry powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Galangal
- 2 Stalks of lemon grass
- 1.5 cups Vegetables like eggplant, cabbage, carrots, babycorn, broccoli, snap pea, mushrooms, onions, red bell pepper everything should be chopped into big pieces
- 3 cups Thick Coconut Milk
- 3 to 4 slices of tofu
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Brown sugar
- Take all the vegetables and blanch them well in enough water. Just for 2 to 3 minutes. Everything has to be al-dente kind. Leave them aside.
- Take onions, fresh red chillies, ginger, garlic, galangal, and lemon grass and grind it to a paste with just little bit of water.
- On the other side, heat up a wok in medium heat and add oil to it. Take the paste that we have already prepared and add it to the oil and saute for few seconds, till it releases flavors. Do not burn it. Keep the heat low.
- Now, add the coconut milk and use a little water if needed. And, add the curry powder, turmeric powder, coriander, cumin, and let it simmer for few minutes.
- Add, the already blanched vegetables as mentioned in the ingredient list. Lot of recipe call for Okra also. Do not cut okra into small pieces, just cut them into two big slices or so. And, also add the tofu, salt and sugar.
- Mix everything well and let it simmer for two more minutes and then it is done. Remove it from stove and serve it hot with plain boiled white rice, jasmine rice or brown rice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spicy Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut
Just Butter Isn't Better
Why making your own ghee is worth it
Make your own ghee.
The dreamiest foods around.
Stop slamming salad.
A can-do tool.