If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is a wonderful summer favorite. It's full of crunchy, raw vegetables to refresh you. Chard regulates your blood sugar levels with something called syringic acid, which slows the breakdown of carbohydrates down, and by supporting your liver, the insulin cultivator. It's sweet and tangy from lemon and ginger. - Skylor Sprout
Makes 4-6 wraps
- 6 Chard leaves
- 4 radishes
- 1 carrot
- 6 large bok choy leaves (the green part)
- 6 spinach tortillas (if you don't want it raw)
- 1 cup chopped cashews
- 1 beet
- 2 Pitted Medjool Dates
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut milk yogurt
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- Start with the dressing. In a blender, combine the coconut milk, coconut milk yogurt, ginger, and pitted dates.
- Zest your lemon whole, then cut it in half and juice the rest right into the blender.
- Blend on high for about 45 seconds until smooth. Set aside.
- Chop well your chard, radishes, and cashews in a bowl.
- Use a peeler and shred both your carrot and your beet into the bowl.
- Salt the bowl well and let sit for 15 minutes so that the veggies dehydrate slightly.
- Add the sauce and stir thoroughly until all veggie mix is coated.
- If you are going the raw route, wash well your bok choy leaves. Cut the white stem off so that the only part left is the floppy green leaf.
- Put about 1/2 a cup of your veggie mix in your bok choy leaf.
- If you are going to use a wrap instead of a bok choy leaf, I recommend spinach wraps. Put about 3/4th's cup of the veggie mix into your the wrap.
- Wrap tightly and if you are not eating immediately, put a tooth pick in it.
- If there is any extra sauce, put it in a small bowl for dipping.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Radishes or Turnips
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls