If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The recipe for this chilled soup is about as simple as it gets. It was given to me at a dinner party last summer and I scribbled down the ingredients on my cocktail napkin. I added Meyer lemon zest and juice, and substituted honey for white sugar.
Serves 6 as a starter
- 1 hothouse cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1 bunch red radishes, trimmed and quartered (about 1 cup)
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon Meyer lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon Meyer lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch ground white pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Process until smooth.
- Chill several hours before serving.
- Garnish with thin slices of radish and cucumber. Serve cold.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Radishes or Turnips
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.