If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This has evolved, over 3 generations, into a family tradition at any big family dinner. —mitch99
- 2 cups enough turnip to make 2 cups after it is boiled and mashed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 eggs beaten
- handfuls dry bread crumbs -Panko preferred
- remove outer wax layer from the turnip and cut into cubes boil until tender, drain and mash the turnip let cool until just warm
- in a small mixing bowl combine turnip, eggs, 2 tbsp butter, sugar, salt and pepper to taste fold in soft bread crumbs and combine well put into a small baking dish, dot with remaining tbsp of butter and sprinkle dry bread crumbs on top bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Radishes or Turnips
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.