If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Traditionally, tarator is a cold cucumber and yogurt soup served all over Bulgaria, especially during the summer. Served ice cold in small cups or glasses, it's often a starter or complements a Shopska salad and bread. Sharp and garlicky, it's not for raw garlic haters, although I have seen a version or two omitting it. Sometimes lettuce, carrot or radish is substituted for the cucumber. This one is a radish version with just a little cucumber. A little goes a long way! —inpatskitchen
Makes almost 4 cups
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 cup water
- 2 cloves grated garlic(microplane)
- 1 1/2 cups finely grated red radish (I used the small holes on a box grater) including any juices
- 1/2 cup finely grated, deseeded cucumber including any juices
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 packed tablespoons fresh minced dill
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts
- Additional salt for reseasoning
- Whisk the yogurt and water together in a medium mixing bowl. Stir in the garlic, cucumber, radish, salt, red wine vinegar, dill and ground nuts.
- Chill the soup for at least an hour. Taste and adjust for salt. Serve ice cold in small glasses or cups.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Radishes or Turnips
A Bagel & Lox, In Salad Form
This is (crème) fraîche
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
Churn with confidence.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.