Author Notes: The gazpacho is a classic Spanish raw vegetable soup, it originates from Andalucia and is perfect for a hot summer day to enjoy with a sandwich or by itself. The original recipe takes some time to prepare and includes tomatoes, green and red peppers, cucumber, soaked bread, spices and vinegar. The ingredients may be chopped or blended and every Spanish family has it’s own recipe.
A little thought brought me to try making a gazpacho out of avocados and cucumber, which give a similar texture while blended. You can liquify it with a cup of ice cold water, or try it without as a creamy cold soup, as pictured. - BaranCooks
- 2 avocados
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon vinegar de jerez
- salt, black pepper to taste
- Peel and chop the avocados and the cucumber. Put everything into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Now add the garlic clove, smashed and the teaspoon of vinagre de Jerez and blend again. You can liquify the gazpacho with a cup of ice cold water. Taste and season with salt and pepper, enjoy with a few slices of fresh cucumber.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados