If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Gazpacho is a perennial summertime favorite - so light and refreshing, a cool liquid salad to whet the appetite while waiting for the main course off the grille. This recipe is a variation of classic tomato-based gazpacho - based on an excellent version found in the iconic Silver Palate Cookbook (Julee Russo/SheilaLukins). Given just about any combination of veggies, herbs and olive oil -- you can't go wrong. —Vivian Henoch
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 1 green tomato
- 3 green onions
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 jalapeño pepper, deveined and seeds removed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon fennel pollen (optional)
- 1/3 cup virgin olive oil
- 1 cup white grape juice
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Using a food processor, coarsely chop cucumber, tomato, onion, pepper, fennel - one vegetable at a time. Do not over-process. Combine chopped vegetables in a large bowl.
- In food processor, blend avocado and garlic -- to consistency of guacamole. Add to vegetable mixture.
- Add liquid ingredients to veg mixture: oil, grape juice and lime juice
- In food processor, chop cilantro and mint leaves. Add to mixture. Season with salt, pepper and fennel pollen.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint
Make 3-ingredient frozen yogurt at home
Never buy frozen yogurt again.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
Recipe of the Day
The chicest apron around.