If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One Christmas a new friend who was from London gave each of his new NapaValley friends a huge round of Stilton Cheese. We all talked about our gifts and what we were going to do with so much cheese.; it seemed like a lifetime supply of the stuff. Then one evening we went to supper at Mr Jones' house and he served the most heavenly soup. At that moment we knew what were were going to do with our own kilo of that strong smelling cheese. I like to serve it in tiny glasses as an hors d'oeurves or a small cup accompanied with grapes as a first course. In winter I go all out with a bowl full for lunch or dinner with a salad. - dymnyno
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 to 3 1/2 ounces yellow onions, minced
- 3 to 4 ounces fennel bulb, minced
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces Stilton cheese, shredded or cubed
- In a large pot melt the butter and add the minced fennel and onion and saute until just translucent in color.
- Add the flour and stir for a couple of minutes until the flour and butter are incorporated.
- Add the milk and whisk until the mixture thickens. If it becomes too thick, add more milk.
- When the mixture is the desired thickness, pour it all into a blender and whirl away until it becomes very smooth. Then pour it back into the pot.
- Add the cheese and stir until the soup is very smooth.
- Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with grapes, chives , grated pepper and a little more cheese or all of these if you wish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pub Food
Not Your Average (Garlic Cheddar) Biscuit
Yes, you need another biscuit recipe.
Why You Need Yet Another Biscuit Recipe.
Fresh beer, anywhere.
9 Ways to Celebrate the Royal Baby
What to Do With Marjoram
Go play outside!