If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a recipe based on a 2500 year old document called The Banquet of Philoxenus that was translated in The Classical Cookbook by Sally Grainger. - deana@lostpastremembered
Serves 4 for a main, 8 for appetizer
- 1 pound shrimp, shelled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano or marjoram, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- Combine the oil, fish sauce and honey
- Cook the shrimp in the oil, fish sauce and honey until done
- Remove the shrimp and reduce the sauce by half.
- Sprinkle on the herb and pepper and pour over the reserved shrimp
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pub Food
Recipe of the Day
Strawberry, Rhubarb, and Lime Popsicles
Shop Spring Cleaning
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
The Best Cinnamon Rolls