Author Notes: We are addicted to the Brussels sprouts salad recipes from merrill (http://www.food52.com/recipes/7650_shaved_brussels_sprout_salad_with_red_onion_lemon_and_pecorino), amanda (http://www.food52.com/recipes/8647_brussels_sprouts_salad_a_la_m_wells) and mrslarkin (http://www.food52.com/recipes/8813_apple_and_brussels_sprout_salad), and just keep on looking for more. This is one of our favorite variations. - QueenSashy
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, shredded or cut into a fine slaw
- 4 tablespoons Zante currants
- 5 tablespoons pine nuts
- 4 ounces parmesan, grated
- Juice of one lemon
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Place the pine nuts into a small skillet and toast over medium heat. Shake the skillet frequently -- pine nuts are rich in oils and can burn easily. When the pine nuts are golden and fragrant take the pan off the heat and transfer the pine nuts to a plate to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, salt and pepper. Whisk in the olive oil until the dressing is emulsified.
- In a large bowl, combine the Brussels sprouts, currants and pine nuts. Add the dressing and toss gently. Fold in the cheese and serve immediately.