If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We are addicted to the Brussels sprouts salad recipes from merrill (http://www.food52.com/recipes/7650_shaved_brussels_sprout_salad_with_red_onion_lemon_and_pecorino), amanda (http://www.food52.com/recipes/8647_brussels_sprouts_salad_a_la_m_wells) and mrslarkin (http://www.food52.com/recipes/8813_apple_and_brussels_sprout_salad), and just keep on looking for more. This is one of our favorite variations. —QueenSashy
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, shredded or cut into a fine slaw
- 4 tablespoons Zante currants
- 5 tablespoons pine nuts
- 4 ounces parmesan, grated
- Juice of one lemon
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Place the pine nuts into a small skillet and toast over medium heat. Shake the skillet frequently -- pine nuts are rich in oils and can burn easily. When the pine nuts are golden and fragrant take the pan off the heat and transfer the pine nuts to a plate to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, salt and pepper. Whisk in the olive oil until the dressing is emulsified.
- In a large bowl, combine the Brussels sprouts, currants and pine nuts. Add the dressing and toss gently. Fold in the cheese and serve immediately.
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Savor the season.