If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was looking for a fresh appetizer to serve outside on a warm breezy evening on the deck, and had some fresh pineapple and shrimp on hand. I adjusted an Emeril published recipe which included pineapple lettuce wraps to suite my needs, and was very pleased with the results! I served these to guests on a large platter and they disappeared before I could get halfway around the deck :) - ChefFace
- 1.5 pounds fresh shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 limes: reserve juice and zest
- 4 tablespoons sweet thai chili sauce OR siracha, depending on taste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1.5 cups chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1-2 head butter lettuce
- 1.5 cups fresh chopped (chunks) pineapple
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1 cup crushed roasted peanuts (unsalted)
- Heat grapeseed oil in large skillet over medium heat. Saute shrimp about 1-2 minutes each side, until just pink.
- Set shrimp aside and let cool
- Whisk together lime juice, sugar, chili sauce, fish sauce, vinegar, and sesame oil. Pour 1/2 mixture over shrimp. Stir and let shrimp chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Stir the rest of the lime mixture in with cilantro, peanuts, lime zest, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- When ready to service, tear palm sized leaves off of lettuce head. Place a large spoonful of pineapple in center of each wrap. Then add 1-2 pieces of marinated cold shrimp.
- Pour the remaining thai sauce (with peanuts and cilantro and zest) over the top of the lettuce leaves.
- Serve those hungry guests!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shellfish
Take Summer Food Inside
11 DIY projects to make when it's too hot to go outside.
Cool Eats for Hot Days
Anna Jones Loves Vegetables
Italian Breakfast Buns
The Daily Grind
Bold and brewtiful coffee.