If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My intention with this recipe was to be as healthy and fresh as possible. So here are the ingredients I chose:
Beef Bone Broth: We’re talking calcium, magnesium and phosphorous. Packed with gelatin, a protein that is incredibly healing for you – this is where your joints fall in love with you. It’s also known to make any sore throat feel better.
Garlic and Basil: Garlic contains allicin, a natural antibiotic. Garlic activates the cascade of cells in your body that stimulates your immune system. Garlic also has germanium, which is preventative towards cancer. It thins blood the same way aspirin does.
Ginger: Ginger is awesome for nausea. It helps alleviate headaches and can prevent kidney damage in relation to diabetes. It decreases inflammation in throats and alleviates itchiness.
Apple Cider Vinegar: The ultimate toxic flush. It soothes both constipation and diarrhea, help lower blood pressure and overcome high cholesterol.
Raw Honey: This deserves its own post, which you can find on my website. - Skylor Powell
- 1 cow femur
- 2 chicken breasts
- 8-10 basil leaves
- 4 shallots
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons ginger
- 4 carrots
- 3 cups chopped butternut squash
- 12-15 brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bring 6 cups of water to boil.
- Add the femur, turn down to medium and let sit.
- In a blender, combine ginger, basil, garlic, and shallots with 1/2 cup of water.
- Pour into your pot of water and let sit for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wrap your chicken in parchment paper with 1 fresh squeezed lemon.
- Cook at 350 for 25 minutes.
- After the chicken is done, put your carrots, butternut squash and brussel sprouts into your water after you take out the femur bone (be sure to get all of the marrow out into your soup!)
- Turn to high, to get a low boil, for 3-4 minutes.
- Then turn back down to medium and add broccoli and honey, and as much salt and as much pepper as you'd like
- Let warm for about 5 more minutes.
- Add the chicken just before you are ready to eat.
- Serve with a slice of delicious bread and enjoy!
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Add flower power to your espresso.