Author Notes: Incredibly healthy, sweet potatoes are packed with vitamin A and beta-carotene and are one of the most affordable super foods we know. Here we roast them with coconut oil, which is high in lauric acid, and cinnamon, which helps to naturally stabilize your blood sugar. Mixed together with quinoa and arugula, this is one of our favorite and most satisfying fall salads. - Weird & Ravenous
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 3 cups baby arugula leaves, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Toss the sweet potatoes, coconut oil and cinnamon together on a parchment-lined baking sheet with a pinch of salt.
- Roast the sweet potatoes until softened and a little bit browned, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the sweet potatoes to a large bowl and combine them with the quinoa and arugula. Drizzle over the olive oil and lemon juice and stir the ingredients together to combine. Season to taste with salt and a bit more lemon juice if you'd like it. Serve warm or at room temperature.