Author Notes: This has both style and substance. The simple but inventive dressing, a combination of tahini and the often-neglected juice from a jar of preserved lemons, adds an unexpected twist to plain old roasted cauliflower. The pomegranate seeds and torn cilantro also help to give this vegan dish a fresh, flavorful edge. Note that the dressing works just as well on other vegetables like roasted eggplant or squash, even sliced tomatoes. - Weird & Ravenous
- 1 head of cauliflower broken into small florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1/3 cup liquid from jar of preserved lemons
- 1/4 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- Small handful torn cilantro leaves
- Preheat your oven to 425ºF and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Place the cauliflower on the prepared baking sheet, drizzle over the olive oil and sprinkle with a healthy pinch of salt. Use your hands to toss everything together.
- Roast, stirring now and then, until the cauliflower is softened and browned in places, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the tahini and liquid from the preserved lemons and season the dressing to taste with salt.
- Transfer the roasted cauliflower to a platter and evenly drizzle over the dressing. Scatter the pomegranate seeds and cilantro on top and serve immediately or at room temperature.