If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Adapted from a Butterball recipe for wild rice and turkey soup, kicked up a notch with fresh herbs and mushrooms. —Dee Cayer
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup choppped carrrot
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 8 oz pkg white mushrooms sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups chopped leftover cooked Turkey
- 2 cups cooked wild and brown rice blend (I used Lundberg Coutry Wild Rice Blend)
- 4 cups Turkey Broth
- fresh & dried rosemary
- fresh & dried sage
- fresh & dried thyme
- ground black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- Heat Oil in dutch oven on medium high heat. Add carrots, onion, celery, garlic and mushrooms. Cook and stir 7-8 minutes until vegetables are tender. Add fresh or dry herbs to taste. Cook vegetable and herb mixture over high heat for 1 - 2 minutes. deglaze pan with 1/4 cup dry sherry.
- Stir in Turkey, rice, broth, salt and pepper. Cook 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Taste for seasoning. Add more dried or fresh herbs and alt and pepper to taste. Stir in milk, cream and remaining 1/4 cup dry sherry. Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. Serve topped with chopped fresh Parsley.
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Hot dogs made better.
Your poolside essentials.
Is your cilantro contaminated?