Author Notes: http://youtu.be/aak0oVr7FEM - HeatherPierceG
Makes 1 bowl
- 1 cup uncooked amaranth
- 1-2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- sprinkle of sea salt
- Heat a dry skillet over medium high heat.
- When skillet is hot, pour 1/8th of a cup of amaranth on to the skillet and shake the skillet gently until amaranth start to pop and turn white. Keep shaking until all the grains have popped, then quickly transfer to a heat-proof bowl before they begin to burn.
- Continue with remaining uncooked amaranth until all is popped.
- Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle sea salt onto popped amaranth, stir, and enjoy!