If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mom made this simple breakfast all the time when I was a kid, and it was one of my favorites! The outside is crispy and buttery, and the inside is creamy and soft. Topped with warm maple syrup, these are better than pancakes any morning of the week! - Loves Food Loves to Eat
Makes 6 servings
- 3.5 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups dried polenta or yellow corn meal
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- butter for frying
- Combine 2.5 cups water and salt in a saucepan-boil. Mix polenta with remaining water until water is dissolved, and stir in cinnamon, brown sugar, and vanilla. Add to boiling water. Stir constantly and reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring, until thickened.
- Pour mixture into a loaf pan, and refigerate over night.
- In skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Slice polenta in 1/2 inch slices and fry on each side until golden and crispy. Serve with warm maple syrup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Polenta Recipe
Take Some Time For Yourself
Indulge in a luxe dinner tonight.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Grilled Brie Sandwiches
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Dumplings, No Recipe Required