If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was raised on egg salad. In our hotel kitchen there was a large pot on the stove top full of hot water, ready to receive eggs to be soft, medium, or hard boiled. When I took an order for a boiled egg, I always threw in a few for myself, to be retrieved after the breakfast rush was over, and the servers had a chance to sit down to their own breakfasts. To complement my eggs, I would steal a few rashers of bacon, and go for the gallon jar of mayo in the fridge to gouge out a spoonful of the oily mess to bind my crumbled eggs and bacon together. I still love a good egg salad on weekends, around 10:30 in the morning, if I have the luxury of a late sleep in. This year I returned to making bread and butter pickles, and the thought of adding them to my egg salad sent a thrill up my spine. —Bevi
Makes egg salad for 2 sandwiches
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 2 rashers of crispy bacon, coarsely crumbled
- 2 small stalks of celery, sliced in half lengthwise, and then finely chopped
- 6 bread and butter sweet pickle slices, preferably small batch, chopped
- 2 grindings Himilayan salt, or other favorite salt
- 2 dashes celery seed
- 1 heaping tablespoons good mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- With a fork, crumble the hard boiled eggs in a medium sized bowl. Add the crumbled bacon, the chopped celery, the chopped pickles, the salt, and the celery seed. Mix well with a fork.
- Add the mayonnaise and mustard and stir until all ingredients are well bound. Taste for seasoning.
- Serve as a sandwich, or place on good, crisp crackers (my preference).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mash-Up Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mustard
These Figs are Feeling a Little Tart
Learn to love fruit with chocolate
Learning to love fruit with chocolate.
The best donuts—ever.
We've got the summer blues.
How we do a Genius dinner party for 30.
A better basket.