If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Use any combination of root vegetables you like for an easy, versatile side that works with pretty much any main dish. —Merrill Stubbs
- 1 1/2 cups chopped carrots (3/4 inch)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped parsnips (3/4 inch)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped sweet potatoes (3/4 inch)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme (or other woodsy herb of your choice)
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment (or don't if you're lazy like me and don't mind the extra caramelization).
- Using your fingers, toss the vegetables with the oil, salt and thyme -- I do this right on the baking sheet so as not to dirty a bowl.
- Put the vegetables in the oven and roast for 20 minutes. Flip them gently with a spatula and continue to roast until the vegetables are crisp and tender, another 10 to 20 minutes. Serve hot, warm or at room temp. (I like to keep a batch of these in the fridge all week so I can press them into service at any time.)
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Let's Play Gin
It's time for Haiku52
Our haikus about gin.
Food blog links we love.
We've got the summer blues.
Are marinades worth it?
A better basket.