If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This pesto is so good, you'll never notice that it's dairy-free! Nutritional yeast adds cheesy flavor. Serve this in sandwiches, with pasta, or as a topping for thickly sliced heirloom tomatoes. —Gena Hamshaw
Makes 1 generous cup
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh basil
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pine nuts
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped (to taste)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Place the basil, walnuts or pine nuts, and garlic in a food processor fitted with the S blade. Pulse to combine, until the mixture is coarsely ground.
- Turn the motor on and drizzle the olive oil in a thin stream. Add the sea salt, pepper, lemon, and nutritional yeast, and pulse a few more times to combine.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Everything's Coming up Rosé
Ten ingredients, five cocktails.
Summertime rosé cocktails.
Old, new, borrowed, and blue.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.