Author Notes: This pesto is so good, you'll never notice that it's dairy-free! Nutritional yeast adds cheesy flavor. Serve this in sandwiches, with pasta, or as a topping for thickly sliced heirloom tomatoes. - Gena Hamshaw
Makes 1 generous cup
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh basil
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pine nuts
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped (to taste)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Place the basil, walnuts or pine nuts, and garlic in a food processor fitted with the S blade. Pulse to combine, until the mixture is coarsely ground.
- Turn the motor on and drizzle the olive oil in a thin stream. Add the sea salt, pepper, lemon, and nutritional yeast, and pulse a few more times to combine.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!