If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pesto is beginning to make a regular appearance at dinner at my house. Toss it with pasta, spread it on toast; thin it with more olive oil and it'll become a happy alternative to whatever you've been dressing your salads with. - Kenzi Wilbur
Makes about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup garlic scapes, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the scapes and pine nuts to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until everything is broken up a bit. Then turn the processor back on, and with it running, add the oil a little at a time until it's fully incorporated.
- Add cheese, pulse, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- This won't brown like basil pesto will, so if you're not using immediately, just store in a container in the fridge. It will last a week.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!