Author Notes: Pesto is beginning to make a regular appearance at dinner at my house. Toss it with pasta, spread it on toast; thin it with more olive oil and it'll become a happy alternative to whatever you've been dressing your salads with. - Kenzi Wilbur
Makes about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup garlic scapes, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the scapes and pine nuts to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until everything is broken up a bit. Then turn the processor back on, and with it running, add the oil a little at a time until it's fully incorporated.
- Add cheese, pulse, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- This won't brown like basil pesto will, so if you're not using immediately, just store in a container in the fridge. It will last a week.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!