If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In California we are lucky to have avocados all year long, in fact at my local market they are 35cents per right now. Make a good guacamole to top of these delish chipotle flavored potato tacos and you have an all time favorite. If you aren't watching the waistband you can even pan fry these babies to make them crispy on each side ... but for those of us who need to trim down a little ... use a yogurt cheese and low fat milk to help keep down the calories on these amazing treats. Note: you can get chipotles at any latin market or at whole foods and some regular grocery stores ... they come in a can in adobo sauce. If you can't get those substitute 1 1/2 teaspoons of chipotle chili powder or regular chili powder. - amreen
- 2 large russet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 chipotle chili minced
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 corn tortillas
- 8 ounces grated chedder or jalapeno jack cheese
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 small yellow onion finely diced
- 1/4 red bell pepper finely diced
- small bunch cilantro chopped
- 2 limes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Set a pot of water to boil. Mean while scrub and peel the potatoes. Cut them into small cubes.
- Once water is boiling toss in the potatoes. Boil until soft ... depending on how small you cut them this could take anywhere between 5 - 10 minutes.
- While the potatoes are boiling make the guacamole. In a mixing bowl scoop out the flesh of the avocado. Dice the onion, garlic and red bell pepper into small pieces and add them to the bowl. Chop the cilantro and add it as well. Juice the limes into the bowl and start smashing up the mixture ... I like my guacamole chunky but smash until you reach your desired consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the potatoes are done remove them from the stove and drain them.
- In a mixing bowl mash the potatoes with the milk and chipotle. You can add a little of the chipotle adobo sauce for an extra kick. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- To assemble the tacos heat the tortillas until they are soft. I do this by turning my gas stove on low and simply placing the tortilla on top of the flame and flipping it after 30 seconds or so. If you have a comal this would definitely be a safer way to go ... frying pans work to ... they just aren't as fun :P
- Once the tortilla is warm place a few spoon fulls of cheese on it and top it with a few spoon fulls of the potatoe mixture. Add a dollop of the guacamole and you are about to reach heaven.
Around the World in 16 Breakfasts
The most important meal of the day, the international way.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Wildcard Winner: Texas Tailgate Burger
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Stop the soap opera.