Author Notes: Came up with this recipe when I spent a summer working on a terraced farm on the amalfi coast of Italy. It's absolutely delicious on toasts, sandwiches, grilled chicken, swirled into pasta, or off of a spoon. It jars beautifully too. - Hallie Meyer
Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup blanched favas, shelled
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino romano
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested
- 3 tablespoons cubed pancetta
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Blanch favas in boiling water, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and ladle favas into a bowl of ice to stop cooking.
- Shell favas and place in a food processor with pecorino, salt, pepper, and lemon zest. Process to combine, then begin streaming in olive oil until desired consistency is reached.