If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Our tartines—or crostini or bruschetta or toasts—are simple to assemble: toast, pesto spread, carrots, a little maple syrup and chopped parsley sprinkled in top. They’re pretty as a picture, the kind of thing to make you double-take and want to grab a bite. They’d make interesting appetizers for a party, although I’ll admit we ate them for dinner alongside a giant salad stuffed with roasted beets. And they’re hard not to love, from the crunchy base of toast to the sweet and savory toppings piled on top. —FoodLovesWriting
Makes 6 to 8 small bites
- 1 pound of the prettiest rainbow carrots you can find
- 2 tablespoons ghee (or coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 or 4 pieces of bread
- 2 to 4 tablespoons your favorite pesto (or ricotta or mascarpone!)
- Maple syrup, for drizzling
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Peel a pound of carrots and cut them into skinny matchsticks, first halving them vertically and then halving them vertically again. Spread out onto a rimmed half-sheet pan.
- Stir together or mash two tablespoons of ghee with the 1/4 cup chopped parsley, tablespoon of chopped dill and tablespoon of chopped basil. Once combined, spread this mixture all over the sliced carrots, tossing well. Salt and pepper all over the top.
- Roast for 35 to 45 minutes, until carrots are beautifully golden. If you like, you can remove the pan about five minutes before it’s done and drizzle some maple syrup on top.
- Remove carrots from oven and toast three or four slices of bread.
- Slice toast into bite-size pieces (about half a slice of sandwich bread). Spread with pesto. Top with roasted carrots. Once you have all the tartines assembled, drizzle a tiny bit of maple syrup all over the top and sprinkle chopped parsley as a garnish. Serve immediately, while still warm.
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
No-bake desserts are cool.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.