Author Notes: Zucchini bread was the first way, and for a long time the only way, I would even touch zucchini. This recipe comes from my Grandma Dolores. - Good Things Grow
Makes 2 loafs
- 3 cups whole wheat or all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cups canola or coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup chopped toasted walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease two 5x9-inch loaf pans and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a large bowl mix eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla. Stir in the grated zucchini.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet and stir just until the flour is incorporated. Stir in the walnuts and dried fruit if using.
- Pour equal parts of the batter into each loaf pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool on wire rack, then slice and serve.