If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Zucchini bread was the first way, and for a long time the only way, I would even touch zucchini. This recipe comes from my Grandma Dolores. - Jacqui
Makes 2 loafs
- 3 cups whole wheat or all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup canola or coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup chopped toasted walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350?F. Grease two 5x9-inch loaf pans and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a large bowl mix eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla. Stir in the grated zucchini.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet and stir just until the flour is incorporated. Stir in the walnuts and dried fruit if using.
- Pour equal parts of the batter into each loaf pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool on wire rack, then slice and serve.