Author Notes: This is a recipe I found on Tyler Florence's website with some of my own modifications. I love to use a wide variety of mushrooms and serve them as a side to grilled meats and fish, as a savory sandwich topping or simply by itself as a late night snack with wine and cheeses. - cucina di mammina
- 1-2 pound mixed variety of mushrooms
- 1-2 fresh garlic cloves, chopped finely
- splashes extra virgin olive oil
- splashes red wine vinegar
- sprigs fresh chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash, throughly dry and chop all the mushrooms into chunks size pieces. Place in a large bowl and add the chopped garlic, a good splash of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well and place on a lightly greased metal baking tray and roast in a preheated oven at about 425 degrees until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Place the roasted mushrooms in a clean bowl and add a splash of red wine vinegar to taste. Be sure to check all your seasonings at this point, you can also add a bit more olive oil if desired.
- Serve immediately at room temperature or store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for future use. Allow the dish to come to back to room temperature before serving for best taste and texture quality
- NOTE: If you like a bit of heat, try adding some chopped chili peppers to your taste and add them in at the roasting process for best flavor.