If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This was so darned good that I plan on putting this in my rotation as much as possible. I have to thank my foodie blog friend Richard over at REMCooks for this idea. He got it from another friend and mixed it up a bit by adding some of his homemade hot sauce. I decided to leave that out but threw on some fresh chopped herbs from my herb garden instead. This is a light, fresh, mouthful of summer in every bite.
Adapted from Vegetable Tian at REMCooks.com —anotherfoodieblogger
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups sweet onion, diced small
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- Butter to grease the casserole dish
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 medium red potatoes
- 2 medium vine-ripe tomatoes
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped tarragon
- Olive oil to drizzle
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- First, chop and slice all the vegetables and herbs, then preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet to medium, add the olive oil, and saute the onions and garlic until softened, about five minutes.
- Grease a two-quart casserole dish (any shape) with butter and line the bottom with the softened onions and garlic.
- Layer the vegetable slices on edge around the contour of the dish, alternating the vegetables, then fill up the middle after that.
- Grind a bunch of black pepper over it, sprinkle the chopped basil and tarragon over it, then drizzle some olive oil over the rows.
- Place dish in the oven, covered, for about 30 to 40 minutes. Because of high altitude I did the 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven, uncover, and spread the two cheeses over top.
- Return to oven, uncovered for 15 minutes. In the last few minutes I bumped the oven to broil to crispy up some of the cheese.
- Remove from oven, and let sit a few minutes before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Tomato Recipe
You Pinned, We Listened
This Month's Top 10 Pinterest Recipes
This month's most pinned recipes.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.