If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Perfect for any meal on the go or at home! Make a big batch and enjoy it stand alone or as a great side dish. We recommend eating some with Sriracha handy! —bigLITTLE Get Together
- 1/4 pound Sweet Pork Sausage, casings removed
- 4 cups Quinoa, cooked
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 pieces Farm Eggs
- 3 cups Arugula, chopped
- 1/4 cup Dill, chopped
- 3 pieces Persian Cucumber, diced
- Sriracha for serving, optional
- Put a cast iron pan on the stove top on medium high heat and cook your pork sausage, breaking it up as you go. When cooked, remove from pan with a slotted spoon and place into a mixing bowl.
- Toast cooked quinoa in the rendered fat from the sausage so that the quinoa gets a little crispy. Season with salt and pepper to taste and add quinoa to mixing bowl. (Note: If you have just cooked your quinoa before doing this, allow it to cool first so that it doesn't just absorb the fat and become mushy)
- Lower the temperature of the pan to medium low. Add a some extra virgin olive oil to the pan just to coat the bottom and crack your six eggs into the pan. Season the eggs with salt & pepper. Let the eggs cook for a minute as if you were to make sunny side up eggs, then crack the yolks and begin to move the eggs around in the pan so that you get a scramble that shows both the white and yellow of the egg. cook to your liking ( soft and fluffy or uber crispy!) Add your eggs to your mixing bowl
- Add arugula, dill, and cucumbers to your bowl. Drizzle the ingredients with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss ingredients to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning/oil if necessary. Serve with Sriracha on the side. For fun, try serving out of chinese takeout containers!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Quinoa Recipe