Author Notes: Perfect for any meal on the go or at home! Make a big batch and enjoy it stand alone or as a great side dish. We recommend eating some with Sriracha handy! - bigLITTLE Get Together
- 1/4 pound Sweet Pork Sausage, casings removed
- 4 cups Quinoa, cooked
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 pieces Farm Eggs
- 3 cups Arugula, chopped
- 1/4 cup Dill, chopped
- 3 pieces Persian Cucumber, diced
- Sriracha for serving, optional
- Put a cast iron pan on the stove top on medium high heat and cook your pork sausage, breaking it up as you go. When cooked, remove from pan with a slotted spoon and place into a mixing bowl.
- Toast cooked quinoa in the rendered fat from the sausage so that the quinoa gets a little crispy. Season with salt and pepper to taste and add quinoa to mixing bowl. (Note: If you have just cooked your quinoa before doing this, allow it to cool first so that it doesn't just absorb the fat and become mushy)
- Lower the temperature of the pan to medium low. Add a some extra virgin olive oil to the pan just to coat the bottom and crack your six eggs into the pan. Season the eggs with salt & pepper. Let the eggs cook for a minute as if you were to make sunny side up eggs, then crack the yolks and begin to move the eggs around in the pan so that you get a scramble that shows both the white and yellow of the egg. cook to your liking ( soft and fluffy or uber crispy!) Add your eggs to your mixing bowl
- Add arugula, dill, and cucumbers to your bowl. Drizzle the ingredients with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss ingredients to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning/oil if necessary. Serve with Sriracha on the side. For fun, try serving out of chinese takeout containers!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Quinoa Recipe