If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: From the dark tangled depths of my mind...LOLOL!!! This makes a lovely light meal perfect for warm weather months. It could also stuff warm pita bread for an awesome al fresco or tailgating treat. - gr8chefmb
- 1 pound Fresh shrimp, cleaned and tails removed
- 1 Small white onion, thinly sliced into wedges
- 3 Garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 Fresh jalapeño, thinly sliced (almost shaved into paper-thin sliced)
- 3 sprigs Fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup Fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tablespoons Coarse ground salt
- 3 tablespoons Cracked black peppercorns
- 2 cups Cooked quinoa
- 1/2 pint Grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup Pitted Greek black olives, halved
- 1 cup Plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/4 cup Fresh chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons Fresh chopped dill, plus extra for garnish
- 1 tablespoon Coarse ground salt
- 1 tablespoon Coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup Crumbled feta cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling [garnish]
- Lemon wedges [garnish]
- Warm pita bread, cut into wedges [garnish]
- In a non-aluminum Dutch oven, combine shrimp, onion, garlic, jalapeño, oregano, lemon juice, vinegar, water, salt and peppercorns. Bring to simmer over medium high heat and simmer for 5-6 minutes, or just until shrimp turn opaque and pinkish in color. Remove from heat allow to cool to room temperature. [It is recommended that you complete this step 1 day ahead to allow shrimp to marinate in pickling liquid overnight.]
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together cooked quinoa, grape tomatoes and olives.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together yogurt, sour cream, garlic, parsley, dill, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Pour over quinoa mixture and toss gently to coat. [Tzatziki can be made up to 2 days ahead. Store in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator. Stir well before adding to quinoa.]
- Place approximately 1/2 cup quinoa salad in bottom of shallow bowl and top with 4-6 shrimp and sprinkle crumbled feta cheese over shrimp. Drizzle with a bit of pickling liquid and olive oil. Sprinkle with extra dill. Serve with lemon wedges and warm pita bread.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Quinoa Recipe
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Cuban-inspired recipes to cook now.