If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Being a huge lover of farro, on a recent trip to the Umbrian countryside of Italy I noticed that farro soup was on many menus. I tried it and decided that I had to make my own version. It is very important to use the richest, most delicious beef stock, preferably homemade, of course. —dymnyno
- 1 cup yellow onion, medium chop
- 3/4 cup celery, medium chop
- 1/2 cup carrot, medium chop
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
- 8 ounces dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 3 cups farro, cooked al dente
- 1 quart beef stock
- Saute' the onions, celery and carrots until translucent.
- Heat one cup of the beef stock and add the porcini to reconstitute .
- Cook the farro until slightly al dente.
- In a blender (or Vita Mix) blend about 3/4 of the vegetables, garlic,1 cup of the cooked farro and all of the porcini and liquid until smooth.
- Add back to the pot and add the remaining farro,vegetables and beef stock. Add 2 1/2 cups of tomato sauce. Season and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of farro and a couple grinds of fresh black pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Autumn Soup
You Can Have It All
Well, at least your zucchini bread—er, cake—can
Zucchini cake is everything you want.
The dreamiest foods around.
We've got the (summer) blues.
Burnt Toast: Episode 13
Have a ball (jar).