If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My daughter and I ate the chopped salad at Community Food and Juice on the Upper West Side many times. Each time we tried to figure out why it was so good. It's light and vegetal. This is our version. Cutting everything up into tiny pieces takes a while, but each bite of salad contains a taste of all the ingredients and has a nice crunch. —luvcookbooks
- 3 scallions
- 3 small carrots
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 ear of corn
- handful of arugula leaves
- small wedge of cabbage
- handful of walnuts
- 1 apple
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- salt, pepper
- 1, Chop the scallions crossways into thin rings. Chop th thine ends of the carrots into discs. The thicker ends can be chopped into discs and then matchsticks. The celery stalk can be cut up lengthwise into three or four pieces and then crosswise. Remove the kernels from the small ear of corn. Scrape the edge of the knife along the cob and add the liquid to the salad. Flatten the corn kernels with the blade of the knife.The arugula leaves and the cabbage wedge can be chopped into thin ribbons. Mix everything together.
- Toast the walnuts in a frying pan with a coating of walnut oil and a sprinkle of sea salt over medium low heat, shaking them, until they are fragrant, about a minute and a half. Chop the walnuts into small pieces.
- Cut the apple into thin wedges, then small pieces crossways and lengthways.
- Cut the goat cheese into small pieces.
- Mix the dressing ingredients. Pour the dressing over the salad, mix everything together thoroughly and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Walnuts
These Figs are Feeling a Little Tart
Learn to love fruit with chocolate
Learning to love fruit with chocolate.
The best donuts—ever.
We've got the summer blues.
How we do a Genius dinner party for 30.
A better basket.