If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Ever since my husband and I have known each other, crabmeat stuffed mushrooms have been a staple of their family's Thanksgivings. I am a huge mushroom fan and you can't throw a mushroom at me I don't like, but when my Mother-in-Law first showed me how to make these stuffed with crabmeat, I knew that the Turkey would have no chance; these mushrooms would be the last thing I'd have to eat. I've come to love these beautiful little heirlooms and can't imagine our lives without them. I make this recipe often during the Fall because they're quick, easy, and a satisfying meatless midweek meal. Supermarkets will carry large stuffing mushrooms around the holiday, but I find that just using larger-than-small to average white caps works better, as they’re easier to stuff into your mouth in one bite, which is, without a doubt, the proper way to devour them. - NakedBeet
Serves 24 mushrooms
- 24 large white mushrooms
- 4-5 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large bunch of parsley, chopped
- 12 ounces can of lump crabmeat
- 1/2 cup cubed stale bread (ciabatta, italian, french, etc...)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon each of dill, thyme, and oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- salt, pepper to taste
- Carefully pop out the stems, cleaning both the caps and stems before setting aside. You can roast the stems alongside the caps or save them to throw into a soup.
- In a large bowl, mix the cubed bread with olive oil. Add a teaspoon each of dill, oregano, thyme, and kosher salt. Now, pour in the water and mix gently to moisten. Add the lump crabmeat (breaking up any large pieces), minced garlic, and all the chopped parsley. Taste for salt and add a bit more if necessary. Spoon a tablespoon into each cap, topping them off so there’s an almost dangerous amount atop each cap.
- Bake at 350º for 10-12 minutes. Serve warm, or gently reheat in the microwave for 10 seconds on high before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Stale Bread
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Best Recipe or Technique Your Mother Taught You
Soffritto: The Superstar
Your new favorite three-ingredient ingredient.
Soffritto's a superstar.
Lettuce love vegetables.
The Daily Grind
Bold and brewtiful coffee.