If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Serves a few people as a side dish
For the broccoli and cauliflower
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- A handful of chives or green onion, chopped
- A pinch of parsley, chopped
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame seeds
For the tahini
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- A dashes sesame oil
- A couple of pinches of salt
- Pepper and red pepper flakes, to taste
- Heat the oven to 350º F.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a cast iron skillet. Add the cauliflower and broccoli and cook, undisturbed, for several minutes until the bottoms have started to brown. Add in the onions at this point and stir to turn the vegetables on the other side and cook for another few minutes. Season with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Place the vegetables, in the cast iron pan, into the oven and cook for about 5 to 10 minutes, until the vegetables are fork tender.
- While the vegetables are cooking, make the tahini by placing all of the ingredients into a food processor. Pulse until smooth. Taste, and adjust and seasoning as necessary.
- When your vegetables are ready, allow them to cool for at least 10 minutes before finishing. Once they've cooled, drizzle the tahini over top, sprinkle the pomegranates all over and finish with the herbs and sesame seeds. Serve immediately, warm.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!