If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This might just be the best Kale slaw recipe ever! Kale is a veggie that everyone should get used to eating, it’s very healthy but can sometimes get a bad wrap because folks don’t know how to work with it. Growing up I only saw kale used as a garnish for plates, haha, but then one St Patty’s day my mom found a colcannon recipe and since then I have loved it. I've tried a lot of kale salads and I think the addition of the potato drives this one into the "hearty" category. —Alexandra V. Jones
Tahini Kale slaw
- 1 bunch Kale, stemmed and chopped, I used Lactinato, but curly is fine too. Rinse and stem kale, chop, and place in a bowl, crush the leaves until they turn bright green and shrink in size.
- 1/4 cup Tahini paste
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons Bragg's liquid aminos
Roasted sweet potatoes
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled, medium dice.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 shallot, sliced thin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 425, toss potato with oil, curry, shallot, and a s&p. Place seasoned potato chunks on a sheet pan and roast 25 minutes or until tender and golden.
- In a blender place all slaw ingredients, except kale, blend until creamy and smooth. Pour Tahini mixture over kale, top with sweet potatoes, and sunflower seeds.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.