If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My all time favorite -- and, I'll insist, the best -- way to serve sweet potatoes. - Gena Hamshaw
Makes 6 to 8 cups
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Coarse sea salt or kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Optional spices (chili, cumin, cinnamon, shredded coconut, etc. -- see below for specific options)
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Toss potatoes with coconut oil, salt, and pepper to taste (I like using a large mixing bowl or a plastic ziplock bag). If you're using extra spices and seasonings, add them to the potatoes now. A few favorite combinations of mine include 1/2 teaspoon each cumin, chili powder, and a pinch of cayenne pepper; 1 teaspoon smoked paprika; 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary (or 2 teaspoons dried); or 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup, along with 1 tablespoon grated orange zest and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- Spread potatoes onto a large baking sheet. Roast until tender and golden, about 30 to 40 minutes, stirring once through. If you like, you could sprinkle two tablespoons of shredded coconut onto the potatoes about 12 to 15 minutes before they're cooked through. Allow potatoes to cool a little, and serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!