If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A healthy, easy and delicious salad, combining mediterranean flavors and greens. It is easily a main dish as it is filling and spicy; it can play as a side dish, but they will keep asking for more! Serve it with a large slice of good, freshly baked artisan bread or add a fried egg on top and the salad with be gone in seconds! Enjoy! —Christina D. Theocharis
- 1 1/2 cups dried black-eyed peas
- 1 bunch collard greens
- 1 bunch spinach
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons dill
- 3 spring onions
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Greek feta cheese, crumbled
- Himalayan pink salt & ground black pepper
- Wash the dried black-eyed peas and put in a small pot with water. Boil for 20 minutes, drain and set aside. Wash the collard greens and the spinach thoroughly, cut them in large chunks with your hands and let them drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, deep pant over medium heat. Slice the onions, crush the garlic, wash and finelly chop the dill and add them to the pan. Cook them until softened for about 3-5 minutes. Add the black-eyed peas. Lower the heat and let them simmer for another 15 minutes. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Add the collard greens and the spinach and stir until wilted. Pour in the wine. In a low simmer, cook for another 15 minutes or as long as it takes for the greens to reach the tenderness you like and the liquids to evaporate. When finished, add the chopped sun-dried tomatoes and toss them, to soak up the juices of the dish. Season with more salt & pepper if necessary, add the crumbled feta cheese on top and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens
Orange You Glad?
A better, more carrot-y carrot cake
A more carrot-y carrot cake.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Meet beaver tails.
Get your shine on.