Author Notes: Lamb sweetbreads are so delicate and flavorful. We make them at home a lot in the Spring and into the Summer (when lamb is in season). They are quick and relatively easy to make and a nice appetizer. - coffeefoodwritergirl
Serves 10-12 as an appetizer
- 1 pound lamb sweetbreads (the smaller the better)
- olive oil
- (If your butcher has not already cleaned them...) Clean the sweetbreads by removing the membrane lining and cutting off visible excess fat tissue. Wash and dry thoroughly.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Sauté in a combination of ½ butter and ½ olive oil over medium heat until golden (about 4 minutes per side depending on size.) You don’t want to dry them out, but you want them fully cooked.
- Eat while hot – like chips!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Nose to Tail Recipe