If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I first made this dish with a group of friends celebrating an approximation of Easter we had dubbed First Annual Feaster. While I did not really grow up celebrating Easter, I did have it in my mind that lamb wanted serving -- so I decided to make cumin lamb accompanied by a couple sauces.
I was searching for a sauce to serve with my lamb. I love how gremolata can brighten any dish and, being obsessed with charring all things citrus, decided to make a gremolata from charred lemons, toasty garlic, and scallions. Grilling mellowed and sweetened the green onions and garlic, and transformed the bitter lemon peel into something extraordinary. I mixed a pile of fresh parsley in at the end and had exactly what I was after. The gremolata had the sour, sweet, bitter, fresh flavor I was after, and was a great success! —savorthis
Food52 Review: This sauce hits all the flavor notes -- salty, smoky, sour, and slightly sweet. It's a wonderful accompaniment to grilled meats and fish, and is a great recipe to have in your summer repertoire. —The Editors
Makes 1 cup
- 1 bunch scallions (about 6)
- 3 small lemons
- 2 garlic cloves, skins on
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Cut off the roots of the onions, and trim about an inch off their greens. Cut the lemons into thin slices, reserving the ends for another use. Toss the onions, lemon slices, and garlic with the oil, salt, and pepper.
- Grill until charred on all sides, being careful not to burn the garlic beyond a dark brown. Let cool in a bowl.
- Peel the garlic and mince. Finely chop the lemons and slice the green onions. Mix everything together with the parsley. Add salt if desired.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grilled Vegetable Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Scallions
You Pinned, We Listened
This Month's Top 10 Pinterest Recipes
This month's most pinned recipes.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.