If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Courgettes or as they are also known as, Zucchinis, come in two wonderful colours, a sunny lemony yellow and a dark rich green. They are very high in water content and therefore hold their juicy light flavour with easy when BBQ'ed.
Combined with the buttery and nutty texture of charred pine seeds and the fresh taste of mint, dill and cumin this salad is perfect at room temperature and will classy up any sausage or steak. —Sandra Ramacher
- 3 medium green courgettes
- 3 medium yellow courgettes
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red win vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint - chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill - chopped
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese - shaved
- Cut the courgettes diagonally into thick slices and place into a large bowl.
- Add one tablespoon of oil and half the salt and pepper and toss until the courgettes are evenly coated.
- Heat a grill pan until hot and fry the courgettes until slightly charred and soft, about 2 – 3 minutes each side.
- Return to the bowl.
- Whisk remaining oil, vinegar, cumin, honey, mint, dill and add a little more salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over the courgettes and leave to cool.
- In a dry pan, roast the pine nuts and before serving the salad sprinkle with the pine nuts, and parmesan.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grilled Vegetable Dish
More Than Just Tacos
What you don't know about Mexico City street food
Mexico City: beyond the taco.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
Understanding eggplant parmigiana.
A better basket.