If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Traveling to Ireland is one of my favorite pastimes. Colcannon (traditionally made with kale) is a standard on the island. Here I've added sharp Dubliner cheese to give the dish extra creaminess and flavor. Slainte! (Cheers!) - Nancy Nicole
- four and a half pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- 6 cups chopped green swiss chard, stems removed
- 4 Tablespoons butter, divided
- one fourth of a cup of half and half
- 1 cup grated Dubliner cheese
- salt to taste
- Scrub potatoes and cut into equal sized chunks. Boil in salted water until tender.
- Drain Potatoes and set aside to cool slightly.
- Saute chopped chard (stems removed) in 2 Tablespoons of butter for 5 minutes, or until wilted and tender. Add to potatoes.
- Add the other 2 tablespoons of butter, and mash roughly with a potato masher.
- Add cheese and half and half and mash until well blended. Salt to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mashed Potatoes
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.