Author Notes: Traveling to Ireland is one of my favorite pastimes. Colcannon (traditionally made with kale) is a standard on the island. Here I've added sharp Dubliner cheese to give the dish extra creaminess and flavor. Slainte! (Cheers!) - Nancy Nicole
- four and a half pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- 6 cups chopped green swiss chard, stems removed
- 4 Tablespoons butter, divided
- one fourth of a cup of half and half
- 1 cup grated Dubliner cheese
- salt to taste
- Scrub potatoes and cut into equal sized chunks. Boil in salted water until tender.
- Drain Potatoes and set aside to cool slightly.
- Saute chopped chard (stems removed) in 2 Tablespoons of butter for 5 minutes, or until wilted and tender. Add to potatoes.
- Add the other 2 tablespoons of butter, and mash roughly with a potato masher.
- Add cheese and half and half and mash until well blended. Salt to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mashed Potatoes