If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In honor of the Saints super bowl win! Something spicy to start your day ... WHO DAT???? - aargersi
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon butter
- a pinch of granulated garlic
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup quick grits
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- cracked black pepper
- a lot of Louisiana Hot Sauce
- Crack the egg into a dish (makes it easier at poaching time) and bring a pot of salted water to a simmer.
- In a small saucepan, bring the butter, cup of water and pinch of garlic to a boil. Once it's boiling, stir in the grits.
- After the grits have been cooking a couple minutes, slide the egg into the poaching water.
- Once the grits are cooked (5 minutes) stir in the cheese and pour into your bowl. Get that egg and drain off all excess water, and plop it into the grits.
- Grind some pepper over top and then add a LOT of Louisiana Hot Sauce - it'll start your day right I GUA-RAN-TEE!!!!!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Porridge