Author Notes: My favorite restaurant in town has this amazing truffle popcorn that they let you graze on while looking over their menu. I became so obsessed with it, I started making it at home, adding some good, finely grated parmesan cheese to enhance the flavor and texture while also reducing the need for so much truffle oil. More than anything, the paprika is just to give the popcorn a little color, but in the end it also adds a tiny hint of spice which meshes nicely with the other flavors. I recently brought a little kit of the ingredients to a friend's house for movie night and assembled the popcorn there. Big hit with my movie girls...which was fortunate since the movie we watched was not. - The Internet Cooking Princess
Serves four to six
- 1 Bag organic, unseasoned microwave popcorn
- 1/2 cup Finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons truffle oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 2-4 teaspoons Kosher salt depending on preference
- Cook the popcorn according to instructions. I use organic, unseasoned microwave popcorn since it's so convenient and because I don't mind the taste, but of course you can pop the kernels conventionally in oil over the stove.
- In a large tupperware container, add the popcorn. Then add the parmesan, truffle oil, butter, paprika and some salt. Close the lid and shake it repeatedly for about twenty seconds.
- Serve in a large bowl, sprinkling any extra parmesan or salt on top.